Writing essays for college applications can be both challenging and complex. Beth teaches students how to draft essays that communicate their unique strengths and personality. Students gain motivation, insights and support from fellow participant through the revision process. Choose a workshop session that fits your schedule.
• Offered for either rising seniors in summer or seniors in early fall.
• Good for students applying to public universities and/or private schools.
• Choose a Monday-Thursday afternoon, evening or weekend session to fit your schedule; six total hours of group instruction and two optional hours of guided drafting time.
• Two one-hour individual consultations to develop, revise, edit and finish one 500-650 word personal statement and up to 4 shorter essays (350 words).
• Two follow-up email consultations also included.
• Topics covered are: evaluating personal statement prompts and sample essays, peer evaluation of essay openers and essay rough drafts, strategies for preparing and writing supplemental essays, tips for time management of the application process, professional evaluation and editing of essays by Beth.
• Class size is limited for small group interaction.
• Fee is $575 paid by check or $592 using PayPal (surcharge applies).
• Personal Statement Boot Camp Dates 2018:
• Workshop #1: June 18-21, 1-3 pm at 2124 Brewster St., Redwood City
• Workshop #2: July 9-12, 7-9 pm at 418 Ridge Road, San Carlos
• Workshop #3: August 4-5, 1:30-4:30 pm each day at 418 Ridge Road, San Carlos
Contact us for detailed workshop syllabus and/or scholarship information for financial need.Register