Writing essays for college applications can be both challenging and complex. Beth teaches students how to draft essays that communicate their unique strengths and personality. Students gain motivation, insights and support from fellow participant through the revision process. Choose a workshop session that fits your schedule.
• Offered for rising seniors in summer 2019.
• Choose a Monday-Thursday afternoon, evening or weekend session to fit your schedule; six total hours of group instruction and two optional hours of guided drafting time.
• Two one-hour individual consultations to develop, revise, edit and finish one 500-650 word personal statement and up to 4 shorter essays (350 words).
• Two follow-up email consultations also included.
• Topics covered are: evaluating personal statement prompts and sample essays, peer evaluation of essay openers and essay rough drafts, strategies for preparing and writing supplemental essays, tips for time management of the application process, professional evaluation and editing of essays by Beth.
• Class size is limited for small group interaction.
• Until April 1, fee is $525 (paid by check) or $541 using PayPal (surcharge applies); After April 1, $575 paid by check or $592 using PayPal.
• Personal Statement Boot Camp Dates 2019:
• Workshop #1: June 10-13, 1-3 pm
• Workshop #2: July 15-18, 7-9 pm
• Workshop #3: August 3-4, 1:30-4:30 pm
All workshops meet at Beth’s home office: 418 Ridge Road in San Carlos.
Contact us for detailed workshop syllabus and/or scholarship information for financial need.Register