Writing essays for college applications can be both challenging and complex. Beth teaches students how to draft essays that communicate their unique strengths and personality. Students gain motivation, insights and support from fellow participant through the revision process. Choose a workshop session that fits your schedule.
• Offered for seniors in summer or early fall.
• Good for students applying to public universities and/or private schools.
• Choose a Monday-Thursday evening or weekend session.
• Two one-hour individual consultations with Beth to develop, revise, edit and finish two 250-500 word personal statements.
• Two follow-up email consultations included.
• Topics covered: evaluating personal statement prompts and sample essays, peer evaluation of essay openers and essay rough drafts, strategies for preparing and developing supplemental essays, tips for time management of the application process.
• Until April 1, fee is $500 (paid by check) or $515 using PayPal (surcharge applies).
• Personal Statement Boot Camp Dates 2017:
• Workshop #1: June 26-29, 1-3 pm at 2124 Brewster St., Redwood City
• Workshop #2: July 17-20, 7-9 pm at 418 Ridge Road, San Carlos
• Workshop #3: August 25-27, 1-5 pm each day at 418 Ridge Road, San Carlos
Contact us for detailed workshop syllabus and/or scholarship information for financial need.Register